Change

PRE ORDER BEL HOMMAGE TRACK LIST HERE

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dennis, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Dennis Dennis Shook

1. The Jazz In You
    2. Wild Is The Wind
    3. Moanin
    4. Till I Get It Right
    5. Moody's Mood (feat. Kem)
    6. Softly As I Leave You
    7. Peel Me A Grape
    8. Don't Explain
    9. I Can Cook
    10. Folks On The Hill
    11. Go To Hell
    12. Song For Old Lovers
    13. Here's To Life

91d3hJMY-4L._SL1500_.jpg
  2. Dennis Dennis Shook

Patti LaBelle will release her first studio album in more than eight years, Bel Hommage [belle oh-MAHJ], on May 5. The record marks the soul/R&B legend’s first foray into jazz, and features 13 of her favorite standards, including “The Jazz in You,” “Moody’s Mood for Love” and “Softly as I Leave You.”
    “I’ve been saying for years that I was going to record a jazz album, but I hadn’t taken that leap of faith to try something different,” says Patti. “Now I’m so happy that I did because I really love all of these songs and I pray that everyone else will too!” The album’s title is French for “Beautiful Tribute.”
    LaBelle’s rendition of “Moody’s Mood for Love,” a 1952 song by Eddie Jefferson, features a guest appearance by contemporary R&B singer/songwriter Kem. Bel Hommage is available for pre-order now on CD and as a digital download.
    In other news, Patti will be release a new publication titled Desserts LaBelle, her fourth cookbook, on April 25. She also has a handful of upcoming concerts lined up. Check out her schedule atPattiLaBelle.com.
    Here is the track list of Bel Hommage:
    “The Jazz in You”
    “Wild Is the Wind”
    “Moanin'”
    “Till I Get It Right”
    “Moody’s Mood for Love” (featuring KEM)
    “Softly as I Leave You”
    “Peel Me a Grape”
    “Don’t Explain”
    “I Can Cook Too”
    “Folks on the Hill”
    “Go to Hell”