Change

PATTI TALKS ABOUT MICHAEL JACKSONS' UNRELEASED MUSIC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dennis, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Dennis Dennis Shook

The Ultimate Patti LaBelle talks about Michael Jackson and his unreleased music. While musicians who are Jackson’s artistic heirs — like Justin Timberlake and Pharrell Williams — top the charts, the King of Pop himself continued his hitmaking ways last month. XSCAPE, the most recent posthumous MJ release, debuted at #2 on the Billboard album chart. The album’s first single “Love Never Felt So Good” helped Michael set a chart record: He’s now the only artist ever to score top 10 hits in five different decades. Meanwhile, we’re still waiting to see if the eerily realistic hologram of Jackson that performed at last month’s Billboard Music Awards will appear elsewhere at some point in the future.

More posthumous releases are planned, and while some have questioned whether Michael would really want these songs to be released, one music legend who knew the singer says keep it coming.

“I love it…I think if they can put out genuine music that he did back in the day, that he wouldn’t be ashamed about being released now, I think it’s wonderful,” Patti LaBelle tells ABC News Radio. “Keep him alive. Elvis was kept alive, and a lot of people see a negative in that, but I don’t. If it’s in the can, bring it out. Let people hear more of Michael.”

LaBelle adds, “He meant a lot to the world. He is so missed and there will never be another one.”