Change

Cooking Channel debuts "Patti's Place"

Discussion in 'Cooking / Recipes' started by Dennis, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Dennis Dennis Shook

Patti LaBelle heads to the Cooking Channel and hosts a special party for some of her celebrity friends right from her kitchen. Patti’s Kitchen is a special which airs on the cooking channel on Saturday September 27, at 8 pm ET.

The two-time Grammy-winning singer and actress, invites you to join her as she prepares a special meal for her friends Whoopi Goldberg, Michelle Williams and dancing partner Artem Chigvintsev.

Patti LaBelle serves up her best dishes for a Cooking Channel special
    Although Patti is a master of many venues, her kitchen seems to be the place in which she is most comfortable. This is apparent when Goldberg, stops into the kitchen for a seafood feast, including mouthwatering crab cakes and crispy pan seared branzino.

Goldberg does not like vegetables, but in Patti’s kitchen everything is flavorful and her sautéed kale with garlic might just convert Goldberg into making a dietary change.

Dancing partner and friend Artem Chigvintsev also stops in and gets a chance to savor Ms. LaBelle’s inspired roasted lamb, mashed and creamy sweet potatoes and southern-style sautéed green beans.

Of course no Patti LaBelle cooking special would be complete without her famous Over the Rainbow Macaroni and Cheese made with eight different types of cheeses.

But the real fun begins when singer and songwriter Michelle Phillips gets access to the secret behind Patti’s incredibly easy and satisfying parfait.

Labelle has always enjoyed being in the comfort of her kitchen. In her book “LaBelle Cuisine: Recipes to Sing About,” she expresses how cooking is an extension of her soul.

"From the time I was a little girl,” she writes, “I knew there were two things in this world I was born to do: sing and cook. I've spent my life developing my voice and my recipes, and to tell you the truth, I'm hard pressed to say where I'm happiest--in concert or in the kitchen, making music or making meals."

Fans will be able to access the full recipes from the special on CookingChannelTV.com and can join the conversation on Twitter using #PattiLaBellesPlace.

Patti LaBelle's Place airs on The Cooking Channel, Sunday, September 27th at 8 pm ET, 5 pm PT.
    patticooking.jpg